How much does it cost?

A Basic Daily Fee: This covers living costs such as meals, power and laundry. For some people this is the only fee they are required to pay. Effective from 20 March 2024 the Maximum Basic Daily Care Fee is $61.97

An Accommodation Payment: This is for your accommodation in the home. Some people will have their accommodation costs met in full or part by the Australian Government, while others will need to pay the accommodation price agreed with the aged care home. The Department of Human Services will advise which applies to you based on an assessment of your income and assets.

Means Tested Fee :The amount you pay will depend on your income and assets; however, there are limits in place. If you are not required to pay the means-tested care fee, the Australian Government will pay the full cost of your care. There are annual and lifetime caps that apply to the means-tested care fee. Once these caps are reached you cannot be asked to pay any more means-tested care fees.



How do I apply for respite?

For residents wishing to have Respite prior to permanent residency this can be booked through GLAICA House.

Prior to admission persons must be assessed by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) who can be contacted either direct (6515 1800) or through your Doctor. ACAT should provide you with an assets declaration for Centrelink/Veterans Affair along with a number of other information sheets.

How many respite days do I get each year?

A total of 63 days respite care is allowed per person in a financial year and this time does not need to be taken all at once.

How do I apply for permanent residency?

 For residents wishing to apply for permanent residency this can be arranged through GLAICA House by making an appointment to see Claire Brennan- Facility Manager.

Can I see the facilities?

On Appointment you are able to be shown through GLAICA House and also the rooms that may be available to view.

Can I have my own television/telephone?

All resident can have refrigerators in their rooms. Please note refrigerator size to be (H – 74cm, W – 59cm, D – 56cm). Telephones can be connected in residents room however this is to be organised by resident families. There is a public phone located near the Reception Area of the Administration Building for residents to use if they do not have their personal phone connected in their rooms.

What should I bring with me when I move in?

Residents are encouraged to bring their own television set, a small table, bar fridge, easy chair, personal effects and other items e.g. pictures, family photographs and familiar items.  We encourage the use of fire retardant doonas, bedspreads and pillows.

All personal possessions and particularly clothing must be clearly marked with the resident’s name. A register containing resident’s belongings must be completed on admission.

NO FLOOR MATS – ELECTRICAL CORDS, or any other clutter are allowed in rooms so that we prevent falls and provide a safe environment.

Do I have to share a room?

No you do not share a room. All suites are single rooms with a large ensuite. 

Do all rooms have air conditioning?

All common areas in the facility have air conditioning however only the Tasman Suites have air conditioning.